Quiz – KLM
- What do the letters KLM stand for?
A. Krimholtz Leedom Matthaei (names of 3 founders)
B. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij (Royal Aviation Company)
C. Kingdom’s Lines Management
- Which bird was extensively featured on KLM’s advertising campaigns in the 1980s and 1990s?
- What is the name of KLM’s inflight magazine?
A. Holland Herald
B. Holland Journal
C. Holland Flight
D. Holland Magazine
- Which KLM co-founder gave his name to Curaçao International Airport in the Netherlands Antilles (prior to it being renamed Hato International)?
A. Albert Plesman
B. Pieter Bouw
C. Peter Hartman
D. K.L. Matthaei
- Which of the following airlines is KLM’s low-fare subsidiary?
A. KLM CityHopper
B. KLM Exel
- Which of these aircraft does NOT fly on the current KLM fleet (2009)?
A. Boeing 737-300
B. Boeing 747-400
C. McDonnell Douglas DC-10
D. McDonnell Douglas MD-11
- True or false: Since 1952, KLM offers First Class (and later Business Class) passengers gifts in the form of small Delftware reproductions of old Dutch canal houses.
- Which British airline did KLM buy in 1999, renaming it KLM uk?
A. AB Airlines
B. Air UK
- In 1977, one of KLM’s Boeing 747 aircraft was involved in the deadliest air disaster in history, when it collided with a Pan Am Boeing 747 on the runway at Tenerife Los Rodeos Airport. What was the name of the KLM aircraft?
- What is KLM’s current slogan (2009)?
A. “Journeys of Flight”
B. “Journeys of Inspiration”
C. “Journeys of Dreams”
D. “Journeys of Souvenirs”
You will find the answers on this handy answer sheet: Quiz – KLM