Quiz – Aeroflot and S7 Airlines
- Which Moscow airport is Aeroflot’s current hub?
- What is Aeroflot’s slogan as of 2010?
A. “Fly on Aeroflot planes”
B. “From Russia with love”
C. “Aeroflot gets there first”
D. “Sincerely Yours, Aeroflot”
- Under what name was S7 Airlines previously known?
- What was the first Western-built aircraft to be acquired by Aeroflot in 1992?
A. Airbus A310
B. Boeing 767
C. McDonnell Douglas DC-10
D. McDonnell Douglas MD-11
- As of 2010, S7 flies a fleet made entirely made of Western aircraft. When did S7 Airlines last fly a Russian-built airliner?
- Between 1977 and 1978, Aeroflot operated regular scheduled supersonic services from Moscow with the Tupolev Tu-144. What was the destination?
A. Kiev (Kyiv)
B. Leningrad (St. Petersburg)
C. Alma-Ata (Almaty)
- True or false: Aeroflot was the first airline in the world to operate regular jet service with the Tupolev Tu-104.
- Aeroflot was prohibited from flying to the United States between 1983 and 1990. This was a sanction by the Reagan administration in response to what Soviet action?
A. Invasion of Afghanistan
B. Boycott of Los Angeles 1984 Olympics
C. Downing of a Korean Air Lines jet
D. Naming of Yuri Andropov as Soviet leader
- As of 2010, which country is NOT part of S7 Airlines’ scheduled destinations?
- Which alliance will S7 Airlines join in 2010?
C. Star Alliance
You will find the answers on this handy answer sheet: Quiz – Aeroflot and S7 Airlines