- What was the airline of the DC-10 that crashed into Mt. Erebus in Antarctica on November 28, 1979?
A. Air New Zealand
B. American Airlines
C. British Airways
- On which airport occurred the world’s deadliest air disaster between two commercial aircraft?
A. Gran Canaria
- On December 21, 1988, a Pan Am B747 was brought down by a bomb hidden in a portable radio transistor over Lockerbie, Scotland. What was the flight number?
- Complete the sentence in this famous Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) excerpt, following a mid-air collision:
– Tower, we’ve going down, this is ______
– Okay, we’ll call the equipment for you.
A. flight 611
B. TWA 847
C. USAir 172
- On July 19, 1989, a DC-10 with loss of all hydraulic systems attempted an emergency landing at which airport?
B. Sioux City
D. Des Moines
- What was the airline of the plane that crashed on the 14th Street Bridge in Washington on January 13, 1982?
B. Air Florida
- True or False: It was a Boeing 747 that lost its cargo door on a flight from Honolulu to Auckland on February 24, 1989.
- On July 17, 1996, a Boeing 747 left New York Kennedy airport and exploded in mid-air. What was the aircraft’s final destination.
A. Los Angeles
- On May 25, 1979, a DC-10 crashed at Chicago O’Hare airport after it dropped one of the engines. One famous trademark was an amateur photograph of the DC-10 flying upside down with the terminal in front. What was the airline?
A. American Airlines
B. Northwest Orient
D. United Airlines
- Now a knowledge question: in case of a major problem on the aircraft, what frequency is the pilot supposed to set on the transponder?
You will find the answers on this handy answer sheet: Quiz – Air disasters