- Which airline was formed by the merger of Caledonian Airways and Flying Colours?
A. Air Britain
B. British Caledonian
C. JMC Air
D. Thomas Cook Airways
- Which airline, operating Fokker F.28s in the 1980s, had a hub in Utica-Rome, NY and later in Syracuse, NY?
A. Allegheny Airlines
B. Air Oneida
C. Altair Airlines
D. Empire Airlines
- Which low-cost subsidiary of KLM uk started operations in 2000 on BAe-146 aircraft and was acquired by Ryanair in 2003?
A. AB Airlines
D. Go Fly
- Which Caribbean airline had a color scheme with the national musical instrument on a solid turquoise background?
A. Air Jamaica
C. Cayman Airways
D. Cubana de Aviacion
- True or False: Astrud Gilberto sang for many Eastern Airlines television commercials
- Which Belgian airline was in business between 1996 and 2001 and operated Sabena’s MD-11 flights?
A. American Airlines
B. British Airways
- Which airport was Western Pacific’s first hub?
B. Colorado Springs
C. Denver International Airport
D. Eagle County
- Which short-lived airline (1997-1999) was based at Long Beach Airport?
A. Air America
B. Long Beach Jet Express
C. Royal Airways
- Which now defunct airline used IATA code “RC”?
A. Air America
B. Hughes Airwest
C. Republic Airlines
- You probably know that BEA and BOAC merged to form British Airways. Please identify from which of the two airlines BA inherited its two-letter code “BA” and its callsign “Speedbird”.
You will find the answers on this handy answer sheet: Quiz – Defunct airlines #2