- In June 2005, two airlines that had recently merged founded Flying Blue, a new frequent flyer program (FFP). They are:
A. Air France and KLM
B. ANA and Japan Airlines
C. KLM and Northwest Airlines
D. Korean Air and Asiana Airlines
- Which of the following airlines is NOT a fully integrated partner of the Miles & More program?
B. Austrian Airlines
C. Swiss International Air Lines
- What is the name of the oldest and largest FFP in the world?
A. American Airlines AAdvantage
B. Delta Air Lines SkyMiles
C. Northwest Airlines WorldPerks
D. United Airlines Mileage Plus
- What is the name of JetBlue’s FFP?
A. Blue Miles
B. Blue Wings
C. Flying Blue
- In 1987, Continental Airlines merged its existing FFP with that of another airline to form OnePass. The name of this airline was…
A. Braniff International
B. Eastern Airlines
C. Midway Airlines
D. Pan American World Airways
- Star Alliance is the world’s first global airline alliance, founded in 1997 by five major airlines as depicted on their logo. Which of the following was NOT one of them?
A. Air Canada
C. Singapore Airlines
D. United Airlines
- Which U.S. airline announced, in 2008, its intention to move from Skyteam to Star Alliance?
A. Continental Airlines
B. Delta Air Lines
C. Northwest Airlines
D. US Airways
- True or false: Singapore Airlines is the only Star Alliance member that, on its Star Alliance-themed aircraft, retains its original tail logo.
- What is the name of the alliance founded by Lufthansa Cargo, SAS Cargo and Singapore Airlines Cargo in 2000?
B. WOW Alliance
C. Team Lufthansa
D. Wings Alliance
- What was the name of the alliance between Delta Air Lines, Singapore Airlines and Swissair in the 1990s?
A. Atlantic Excellence
C. Global Excellence
You will find the answers on this handy answer sheet: Quiz – FFPs and alliances